Tuesday, August 2, 2016

[Sort of] Made It Monday: Chalkboard Style

I LOVE chalk paint. I think it was a fabulous invention and finding it in a spray can opened even more opportunities for the juices to flow. I finished two projects today with my chalk paint for my classroom. Well, actually, both are for outside the door of my classroom, but same thing, right?

Project 1:



I did not actually make this with my Chalk paint. It was a find at Target. It fits in with the Chalkboard motif though, so I thought I would include it. I needed something to declare my room as mine. We have so many visitors and volunteer that come through our school each day that they get confused or lost. This will help people know where I am! *Side Note: I think I am actually going to paint the chalkboard again on this sign. I used a chalkboard pen on it and had to erase what I wrote because I didn't like it. I feel like you can still see remnants of what I originally wrote. I think I will be spraying it this weekend in preparation for school on Monday. Also, the ribbon that is overlaying the board is the one I am going to use to hang it on my door.

Project 2:



We are always in different areas of the school, whether it's time for related arts (specials), lunch, recess or we are in the science lab experimenting, the computer lab working on a project, or outside doing an activity. I made this board to help others locate us when they come to our room. We are only required to notify the office if we go outside at an unusual time, so at least with this sign, if my teammates are buzzed, they can check and see where I am. I am going to make little cards that will be stored in the pocket and hung up on the clothespin. I'll include the link when I finish it!

Project 3: 

I also spray painted a blank canvas. I want to use this on the first day of school to take pictures of my kiddos with the whole "What I Want to Be" board. I am still deciding how to decorate it, so I will probably update later when that is done. 

Thursday will be my first day in the classroom. My husband is coming for a few hours to put together my new rolling chairs and desk. I will be finishing my filing cabinet then, so will post those pictures when I am done. 

What projects are you doing in preparation for going back to school?

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment